How we run our training
Important information - please read
Return to indoor sessions
We have returned to Portland Centre on Thursdays, however we had to change the way we run our sessions, because of new restrictions introduced by UK government on 24 September 2020. Volleyball activity can now take place as long as the necessary modifications and safety measures are in place to mitigate the transmission risk of the coronavirus.
Right now beginners cannot participate in our training sessions.
- A register of attendees will be stored.
- There will be two separate 1-hour sessions to choose from: 7-8pm and 8-9pm.
- In order to attend one of those sessions, each week you’ll have to sign up via Session Signup Form we send to everyone the evening before.
- Majority of people to access through the side door (go down the path at the side of the main reception).
- All participants must maintain social distancing.
- There are no changing rooms. Arrive ready and leave at the end of your session.
- There are no water or vending facilities. Bring your own and do not share.
- Players should sanitise their hands regularly. Please bring your own hand sanitiser.
- Congratulatory touches are not permitted.
How the session will run
- Please try to arrive on time as the entrance door is by one of the courts which will be in use later on. If you do arrive late, please wait for set change before entering the sports hall.
- You will need to use the hand sanitiser made available and sign the register.
- At the moment there is no change to the cost of attending a session. Ideally you will have reintroduced your standing order (£18 per month), however if you pay by cash (£6 per session), please bring the exact amount, place in the tin, and write amount on register. If you are not able to pay on the night, please see one of the Committee members.
- If you attend the first session, please help set up the second net.
- Because we only have one hour, we will most likely only play games.
- We may introduce non-contact drills at a later stage, either once in few weeks, or by splitting the hall with curtain.
- Volleyballs to be wiped and players to sanitise their hands between games.
- If you’re at the second session: 9pm second net put down, players leave sports centre via the side door.
Things to note
- In order to attend our sessions you must have completed the Registration Form with contact details. The Registration Form only needs to be completed once, but please notify the club of any subsequent changes.
- The next step is a separate Session Signup Form, which has to be filled out before each session. We send link to this form the evening before the session, to everyone registered via the form mentioned above. This is to make sure we adhere to max 6 persons rule for indoor sports.
- All participants should check for symptoms of COVID-19. In line with UK Government Guidance if an individual is symptomatic and/or living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection they should remainat home and follow UK Government guidance.
- Personal hygiene measures should be carried out at home before and after volleyball activity.
- No face coverings/masks required (so far), just maintain social distancing when not on court.
- If a case of coronavirus is reported from the centre you will be notified.
- If you test positive for coronavirus, you need to notify the club’s COVID-19 officer firstname.lastname@example.org