How we run our training
Important information - please read
Our indoor sessions
Now that our indoor training sessions have returned to Portland Centre, we have prepared some useful information, which will help you make the most of the time on court.
- We will keep a register of all attendees due to contact tracing requirements.
- We’re back to a single 2-hour session with max 24 players.
- In order to attend one of those sessions, each week you’ll have to sign up via Session Signup Form we send to everyone on Mondays/Tuesdays.
- Majority of people to access through the side door (go down the path at the side of the main reception).
- All participants must maintain social distancing when not playing and avoid contact during games.
- The changing rooms are open again, so you can take a shower at the end of the session.
- There are water and vending facilities available. Please do not share to reduce the risk of transmission.
- Players should sanitise their hands regularly. Please bring your own hand sanitiser.
- Congratulatory touches are not permitted.
- We keep a register of all attendees.
- There’s a single 2-hour session with max 24-28 players.
- In order to attend one of those sessions, each week you’ll have to sign up via the Spond app, responding to an event notification, which we send to everyone on Mondays.
- Access through the main door.
- You can use the toilets and showers in the changing rooms.
- There are water and snack vending facilities available.
- Players can sanitise their hands with their own hand sanitiser, or with the club’s one, should they wish.
How the session will run
- Please try to arrive on time, as the entrance door is by one of the courts, which will be in use later on. If you do arrive late, please wait for a set change before entering the sports hall..
- The costs of attending a session. Standing order is £20 per month, or you pay £7 per session on the day (either by cash, or by bank transfer). Please bring the exact amount if possible, when paying cash. If you are not able to pay on the night, please see one of the Committee members.
- We run training drills at the beginning of each session.
- Volleyballs can be cleaned with antibacterial wipes and players are free to sanitise their hands between games.
- At 9pm please help to put down the second net, players leave the sports centre via the main door.
Things to note
- In order to attend our sessions you must have completed the Registration Form with contact details. Please do it again even if you already have done it last year, so that we know we have up-to-date information. Make sure to notify the club of any subsequent changes.
- The next step is a separate session signup on our club’s Spond group, which has to be done before each session. We send a notification via Spond, on Monday, to everyone who’s added to our Spond group. This is to make sure we don’t exceed the number of people, which allows us to enjoy the games (between 24-28 max).
- Personal hygiene measures can be carried out at home before and after volleyball activity, but the changing rooms (incl. showers) are now available as well.
- All participants should check for symptoms of COVID-19. In line with UK Government Guidance if an individual is symptomatic and/or living in a household with a possible COVID-19 infection they should remain at home and follow UK Government guidance.
- No face coverings/masks required. You’re free to maintain social distancing when not on court, if you wish.
- If a case of coronavirus is reported from the centre you will be notified.
- If you test positive for coronavirus, you need to notify the club’s COVID-19 officer email@example.com
- Government guidance for individuals with symptoms of respiratory infection is available here.
Register for indoor training sessions
Casualties Volleyball Club Committee