Who we are
We are Nottingham Casualties Volleyball Club, a volunteer lead, not-for-profit sports organisation based in England. Our website address is: https://nottinghamvolleyball.co.uk
When we say “Nottingham Casualties Volleyball Club”, ”Club”, “we”, “I”, ”our” or “us”, we are referring to Nottingham Casualties Volleyball Club or its committee members.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
We take data seriously, which is why we only ask for what we need. This document sets out how we’re complying with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) to keep your personal information safe.
If you have any questions or concerns, please get in touch
Upon our first interaction, we only ever ask for your:
- email address
- volleyball experience
Should you wish to take part in our training sessions, we’ll request some more of your personal details, such as:
- contact number
- date of birth
- medical history
- emergency contact details
If you visit our login page, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
Who has access to your information?
Nottingham Casualties Volleyball Club collects and has access to your information. Under no circumstances, will we sell or share your data with 3rd parties.
All third party data processors used on this website are GDPR compliant. Here’s what we use:
- Club commitee members have access to your information in order to carry out their duties.
- WordPress is the platform used to develop this website.
- Fluent Forms and/or Elementor is used for all of the online enquiry forms on this website.
- MailerLite is used for our mailing list subscriptions and to send hints, tips and offers direct to your inbox.
- Totemic IT provide our secure web hosting and the domain name for this website.
- Google Analytics is used to track the use of our website and helps us improve it.
- HotJar is used to analyse your experience while using our website.
- Google Drive and Google Docs are used to communicate and store members information.
How long is your data stored?
Personal data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for.
- If an individual has subscribed to one of our mailing lists, their data will be stored until they unsubscribe.
- For the purposes of accountancy and tax, any invoices and receipts will be stored for the length of time required HMRC, currently six years.
- Nottingham Casualties Volleyball Club may to retain personal data for a longer periods whenever the user/member has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn.
- Furthermore, the Club may be obliged to retain personal data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, personal data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The GDPR provides the following rights for individuals (data subjects), the right to/of:
- be informed
- restrict processing
- data portability
- Also, rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling.
If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information or to request rectification or erasure, please get in touch. We will respond to your request to modify or delete information within 28 days.